Sunday, October 6, 2019

Monster Hunter World (First Impressions) - It's Absolutely Gorgeous! (UltraWide Max Settings PC)

After I tried Dauntless it was time to see what Monster Hunter World has to offer! These are my first impressions after roughly thirty hours played on PC. Currently, the Iceborn DLC is not available for PC.

The one constant across everything I played so far is the absolutely beautiful landscapes that push you onward to explore and twenty-one by nine Ultra Wide enhances the experience greatly. The main plot is decent but nothing to write home about. Still, it should keep you playing the game.
The combat is a lot on the clunky side with all sorts of weird design choices for mouse and keyboard. The game is optimized for consoles and as such, it plays a lot better with a controller.
The main problem I had with the game is an atrocious multiplayer experience. Essentially there are plenty of hoops to jump through and a lot of waiting involved if you just want to play with your friends. Doable but frustrating.



And there you have it, my first impressions on Monster Hunter World. I will invest more into it because there's a lot of game here and despite my setbacks with multiplayer I am having fun and I want to explore more.

Monster Hunter: World is an action role-playing game developed and published by Capcom. A part of the Monster Hunter series, it was released worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 2018, with a Microsoft Windows version in August 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment