Saturday, May 12, 2018

Dread Build 2018 (Guide) - Full Testing & Endgame Variations


Today I want to showcase a build for the Dread.

Let's talk about the best bow in the game, and I know that's a heated debate. Usually people settle between kind of three bows.

You have of course the Dread, which you get from the Stalker, and don't worry about it, you're gonna get plenty of blueprints for this one. I think I got like 15 Dread blueprints from the  Stalker, but no War, for example. 

Another one of the ... let's say best bows in the game would be the Rakta Cernos. Now, the Rakta Cernos is a syndicate weapon, and you're gonna need either syndicate standing, or a friend with syndicate standing, to get you this bow. There are a lot of differences between these two, and we're not gonna go into the whole heated debate (which is better and all what not), today we're talking about the Dread.

My Dread have been format four times. For this build you won't have to format this much. I simply did it because I have a Riven mod for it. So let's jump into the build:

There are a few key components to every dread build, for the  most part, then I'm gonna outline them, and then we can get to play around a little bit, depending on what exactly we're doing with the final mod. So, first and foremost, I got a 60 mod capacity. 

There are a couple of mandatory mods for Dread, one of them is Point Strike. As you can see in the base stats, it has a pretty high critical chance, and we want to amplify that even further, so we're gonna pop in a Point Strike. What Point Strike does? It offers more critical chance. 

One of the mods and I see some people use is Heavy Caliber: this gives a huge amount of damage, but at the cost of accuracy. I don't recommend it on a weapon that has a low fire rate, like the Dread. 

Check the link below to watch the full guide.


(The way I approach my builds, my tutorials, it's usually a bit more New player-friendly, simply because nobody really explained these things to me, and I want to explain them to new players as well)